Why construction projects are turning to mining tools
When you hear the term “connected worker” you probably think of mining. But, projects in your own city could be using these technologies too? You’ve likely walked by (or above) a site that’s monitoring its workers.
Connected worker solutions have moved from the cap lamp level to full-blown operation centers. The technology started in mining but tunneling projects in urban areas have adopted it. Industries across the globe are depending on these connectivity tools to ensure the safety of their workers.
Why Connecting Workers is Important
Connected worker solutions use a tracking beacon that passes information over a network. This logs workers' positions within a facility. If an accident happens, management knows exactly where the worker is and the best way to reach them. It also means that no one is in a hazardous area without monitoring.
Why NLT Technology makes it Easy to Connect Workers
NLT increases the safety, security and productivity of any worksite by keeping workers connected at all times. Here's what their N-Connex system can do:
- Track vehicles’ whereabouts to ensure that they are being used efficiently.
- Provide a vehicle's key performance indicators to people on the surface.
- Looks at equipment cycle time to determine worksite bottlenecks. Management can create value by finding ways to eliminate these pain points.
- Remote control of vehicles from the surface. The remote driver uses video data passed over the network to pass commands to the vehicle.
- N-Connex uses sensors to monitor environmental conditions. These alert workers aboveground and belowground of bounds sensor readings.
- Can connect IP (internet protocol) security cameras to the network. Cameras placed at the portals (opening at the surface) ensure no one accesses restricted areas by accident. You can also place the cameras in high-traffic areas for better situational monitoring.
As N-Connex’s real-time connectivity and remote monitoring of work areas becomes a staple in safety programs in mines across the globe, it’s no surprise that industries outside of mining are adopting the technology.
To learn more about how this product has been put to work in the city rail line, be sure to download the case study. If you have questions, please reach out to me directly at [email protected]. I’m happy to help you assess how N-Connex can help your projects.