Fires spread fast, in 30 seconds a flame can turn into a full-on blaze. This means you need to be prepared. WES3 is a new product available on the Canadian market to protect construction sites, new builds and renovation projects. This post highlights the unique features of this wireless evacuation system that protects your staff from fires and other emergency situations.
This video shows how fast a fire spreads and puts lives at risk.
Warning: This video may be disturbing to some viewers.
Sprinklers and firewalls are non-existent in new builds and sprinklers are disconnected in many renovation projects. By alerting workers to smoke or fire, it gives your team more time to evacuate and prevents tragedies.
How WES3 works:
WES3 uses radio technology to communicate throughout a building. Units are battery operated and fully customizable, so you can add or remove units as needed.
The WES3 wireless evacuation system includes:
- Base Station: The brains behind the whole system. Provides reports and functionality including interaction with option WES REACT cloud-based software.
- WES Connect: Allows offsite communication by either text message or through the REACT app platform.
- Strobe and Sounder Call Point: Incorporates fire alarm sounder, strobe alert and medical alert alarm.
- Heat Detector & Smoke Detector: These units are silent and connect directly to the WEST system to activate the fire alarm system site-wide in the event of fire.
- Interface: Lets you connect your network to other systems like access control. An external system can trigger WES system or WES triggers an action from an auto dialler or another external system.
- Link Unit: Extends the range of your WES system on large, dense or complicated construction sites.
You can set the devices up in any order and move them throughout the building as you complete areas and start new areas.
If a base station goes down, the system will continue to communicate with every other device. There is no single point of failure with WES.
How WES3 improves construction site safety:
Construction sites rely on antiquated technologies to pass messages along to workers. Sounding an air horn is a common practice to relay emergency evacuation messages. But, noisy environments drown out air horn messages.
WES3 call points include strobe and sound alarms to provide visual and auditory warning signals. This improves safety in noisy, hectic environments.
Want to make your construction site more secure?
Get a FREE demo of the WES3 system today
Trespassers can start fires in cold months to keep warm. This means unprotected construction sites are vulnerable to intentional or unintentional arson.
You’ll protect your staff, project and wider community from tragic and costly outcomes by adding WES3 to your site.
Improve evacuation and medical alert responses
It’s possible to use WES3 as soon as your project is out of the ground. Within a few minutes of setting up, your units are on the network and ready for distribution.
We recommend placing the units within the building according to your fire plan. Generally, this means placing a unit at each stairwell or lift shaft.
You can also number the units according to your fire plan. In the event of a medical emergency or fire alarm, you’re able to identify where the event is taking place. This improves how quickly first responders can locate the person in distress or find and control fire.
Ready to experience the better safety option for your construction site?
Get a FREE demo of the WES3 system today
FAQs about WES3
WES3 has a three-year battery life in normal working conditions and there is no need for external power supply of any kind. The units will also notify you when they are running low on battery power.
These devices are robust and ready to take on a Canadian winter. They're built for outdoor jobs and tested to -25°C. For peace of mind, it comes with a 2-year warranty.
Yes, Canada and the US approve the radio frequency that WES3 uses.
No, to eliminate the risk of radio interference, WES3 has a mesh network design. It needs a repeated signal from another WES unit to activate an emergency alarm.
Levitt-Safety offers both options. We can also make recommendations for your best option based on the size and scale of your project.
- NFPA 241
- NFPA 5000, and
WES3 was developed and engineered with major construction companies in mind. The technology isn’t only limited to construction projects, it’s also useful for:
- New construction and renovation projects
- Oil and gas turnaround and new projects
- Ship building
- Dry docks
- Manufacturing and large warehousing