The Beginners’ Guide to Chemical Safety
Talk to a safety specialist
The Beginners' Guide to Chemical Safety will give you a thorough overview of what you need to know in order to work safely and successfully with hazardous chemical products.
About the guide:
The chemical industry is unlike any other in Canada, which also extends to its hazards and risks.
Chemical splash incidents are rare but often traumatic, life-altering events. To put this into perspective, chemical injuries to the skin or eyes only represent a fraction of all recordable injuries, but they are responsible for approximately 30 percent of all burn-related deaths.
This guide will walk you through critical concepts so you can better understand the risks associated with working with chemicals.
- How to properly identify chemical products.
- Which detection tools you should use in your unique environment.
- The best type of respiratory protection, PPE and protective clothing to wear for your job.
- How to safely store chemical products.
- Proper first aid procedures to follow if you are exposed to chemicals.