Confined Space Rescue Technician Training
Personnel are trained in not only the hazards and entry requirements of confined spaces, but will also acquire the skills and knowledge to safely and effectively coordinate, perform, and supervise a technical confined space rescue incident.
The student will acquire skills and knowledge regarding:
- ropes and knots
- respiratory and communication systems
- hazard recognition and appropriate control measures
- patient packaging
- atmospheric monitoring
- advanced concepts in incident command
- rescue strategies and tactics
- rope based rescue systems
- site management
- team leadership, equipment and resource management
- information gathering and utilization
- advanced rescue techniques
- technical rescue pre-planning
- rescue scene management
This program meets the training requirements for basic and general entry operations as determined by most state/provincial regulatory bodies and National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) 1670 Confined Space Rescue Technician Level.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals that will be employed as rescue persons in a confined space capacity.
Maximum Number of Participants
Record of Training
All participants who successfully complete this program will receive a Certificate of Attendance.