Hydraulic Safety Training: Exposure Level Online Course
This online Hydraulic Safety course establishes an awareness of hydraulic hazards in the workplace. Special attention is given to the most common misconceptions, including environmental health.
Workers are exposed to hydraulic systems on many different levels. Many hydraulic incidents and fatalities are a result of people working around hydraulic systems without understanding the related hazards.
Hydraulic Safety Training: Exposure Level Online Course Topics
In this online hydraulic safety course, the following topics are covered:
- What are hydraulic fluids?
- Exposure to hydraulic fluids
- Potential hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety standards & qualifications
- Your role in your facility
- Types of hydraulic hoses & construction
- Hydraulic hose applications
- Hydraulic hose assembly fabrications
- Specifications & standards
- Life cycle
- How accumulators work & their applications
- Forms of hazardous energy
- Commonly used thread connections in hydraulic systems
- Pressure ratings
- Types of seals & applications
- Importance of seals guarding
- System considerations
- Pressurized grease
- Overhanging & runaway hazards
- Effects of modifications to hydraulic components
- Hazards of welding hydraulic components
- Purpose of hazard assessment
- Before work begins
- What is lockout?
- Zero energy state
- Hydraulic fluids and the environment
- Maintenance & planning
HYDRAULIC SAFETY TRAINING: EXPOSURE LEVEL ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 4 hours
HYDRAULIC SAFETY TRAINING: EXPOSURE LEVEL TEST
Testing conducted throughout this online Hydraulic Safety course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
HYDRAULIC SAFETY TRAINING: EXPOSURE LEVEL ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Users will receive their certificate of completion, hard hat sticker, and wallet cards by mail within 21 business days of Levitt-Safety receiving user completion notification. Certificates and wallet cards are valid for 3 years and are indicated on each piece.