It’s an unfortunate reality that every organisation will be met with some kind of major incident that threatens to harm their business, and Levitt-Safety | EHS Training & Consulting Services believes it’s important to protect your greatest assets in the event of a crisis – your employees.
We’ll help your organisation define clear roles and responsibilities for those tasked with crisis management, ensuring a rapid and adequate response to the event while maintaining clear lines of reporting and communication with your staff. Gain a better focus, an ability to see your choices clearly, and know exactly how to act on your crisis response plans. Know what to say and do with confidence and compassion when confronted with a critical incident. Take a proactive approach by offering the training your staff needs to build skills and confidence so they’re ready for anything.
‘People Preparedness’ training is becoming an integral part of every effective crisis and emergency plan. In fact, workplace training that promotes the health and safety of employees has already been legislated in several provinces.
How well is your staff prepared for an emergency? Do they have the skills to survive or even deter the risk of injury? What about confronting an irate colleague or witnessing a death?
Are your supervisors and managers trained to communicate effectively, support your staff and each other, during and following an emergency situation? If your staff is trained, what are you doing to keep the training ‘alive’?
Here’s what Levitt-Safety | EHS Training & Consulting Services can do for you:
- Consult with management to determine goals for crisis preparedness and reaction.
- If a Crisis Management Plan is in place, review/refresh/update the plan.
- If no plan is in place, help to create one that focuses on the ‘human element’.
- Deliver customized seminars to management and staff with a unique focus on managing crises before, during and after they occur.
- Provide guidance on selecting and training an internal crisis response team, including crisis media preparedness.
- Provide proven methods for keeping newly implemented/revitalized Crisis Management Plans ‘alive’ in response to the organisation’s changing conditions, and offer continuing education to stakeholders.
We can also facilitate Crisis Intervention Response Support, including:
- 24/7 Critical Incident Response for Club Leaders, Boards of Directors, employees, members and guests – in person or by phone
- Crisis management planning, consulting and management coaching during and after a critical incident
- On-site crisis intervention response support for individuals and groups
- Frontline training and practice drills for the crisis team
- Grief Support Sessions – group and individual
- Crisis Intervention Response
- People Preparedness Training and Development
- Crisis and Death Response, including checklists
- Crisis Media Training and how to select your spokesperson and back-up
- On-line training through CMAA University
Now, supervisors, managers, crisis teams and front-line staff can acquire the knowledge and skills they need to prepare for and address a crisis situation, communicate effectively, support each other, and minimize the long-term effects at your organisation.
Here’s how your organisation benefits:
- Minimize the costs of long-term disability, sickness and absenteeism following an emergency. An informed organisation gets back to productive work more quickly.
- Elevate workplace morale by providing the support your staff needs during and many days following an emergency. A happy workplace is motivated and productive.
- Increase corporate loyalty by investing in your staff and showing them that you care. A caring organisation attracts and retains good employees – and that reduces the costs of replacing staff.