Water Mist Systems
A water mist system is a means of fire protection utilizing a very fine water spray. Water is an outstanding physically-acting agent as a result of its exceptionally high heat absorbing capacity and latent heat of vaporization. Water mist works to quench fire and hold damage to a minimum. It is a clean agent suitable for a range of sensitive applications and where people are involved.
The extremely fine water droplets produced by the Securiplex FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 water mist system will change into steam when close to the heat source and provide rapid and complete extinguishment.
- Low density mist poses no rish to hot mechanical equipment or electrical components
- The mist’s effectiveness is unaltgered by the breach of enclosure integrity; the cooling it provides eliminates the risk of re-ignition
- The extremely small amount of water required limits post-discharge cleaning, thereby reducing downtime
The FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 system is specifically desinged to extinguish even the most severe oil fires:
- Diesel engine oil fires
- Pressurized oil spray fires due to pipe rupture
- Localized turbine bearing fires
When shutting down operations is not an option, the FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 system is the answer to your fire extinguishing needs.
- For a simple enclosure, the 260 m³ system approved for Total Flooding is the answer
- For protecting equipment located in large open spaces, the approved Local Application design offers all the flexibility you need for your special hazards
- For large machinery spaces, like shipboard applications, the Securiplex system approved for 500 m³ enclosures gives you the performance required in large volumes
Flexibility is the key to your satisfaction:
- The FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 system can easily be connected to your water or air supply without the need for additional mechanical equipment, such as pumps
- For remote of difficult-to-access sites where water and air are not available, we can offer the FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 stand-alone system, which is completely self-contained
- When large installations are at stake, the FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 pump system will provide protection for the additional surface
- Securiplex FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 Water Mist system was the first manufacturer to receive an FM Approval and still the only manufacturer with an FM Approved local application system