Did you know that by law you’re required to have and regularly test exit and emergency lighting systems? Don’t take a chance with such critical equipment – avoid serious liabilities and fines by having, maintaining and testing adequate exit and emergency lighting systems in your building.
All lighting systems that we design and install rigorously adhere to the current lighting regulations and the best practices in your area.
The following are some lighting regulations on test and maintaining Exit & Emergency lighting systems:
OSHA Code of Federal Regulations
- Requires adequate and reliable illumination for all exits
- Requires proper maintenance to assure that exit lighting is in continuously proper operating condition
NFPA 70 – National Electric Code
- Requires specific illumination and performance of emergency and exit lights
- Provides functional standards for battery-powered emergency and exit lighting
NFPA 101 – Life Safety Code
- Requires a monthly inspection of all emergency and exit lighting systems
- Requires an annual test of all emergency and exit light systems
International Fire Code
- Requires proper illumination of means of egress
- Requires assurance that emergency and exit lighting systems will provide illumination for at least 60 minutes