Self-Retracting Lifelines (SRL)
Self-retracting lifelines are effective in minimizing the risk of working at heights – but, to do this properly they must be in good working order and must be used, stored, inspected and cleaned correctly.
SELF RETRACTING LIFELINES/DECVICES (SRL/SRD)/CLIMB ASSIST SYSTEMS SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- ANSI requires the product to be inspected at least annually by a Competent Person
- Extreme conditions of use may require increasing inspection frequency (In Canada, CSA requires SRL’s to be serviced within two years of mfg. date, thereafter annually)
- Before each use OSHA and ANSI require SRL’s to be inspected (by the user)
- After an impact, the SRL must be removed from service (per OSHA and ANSI) and inspected.
- Servicing may be required
Levitt-Safety is an authorized service center for Capital Safety (DBI-Sala & Protecta brands), North, and Honeywell (Miller). Contact us today for your quote.