What is a supplied-air respirator?
A supplied-air respirator (SAR) supplies clean air from a compressed air tank or through an air line, as opposed to an air-purifying respirator that filters air from the workroom area.
The air supplied in tanks or from a compressor must meet certain standards for purity and moisture content.
The air supply could either be a low-pressure or high-pressure source.
A low-pressure source would be an ambient pump, like an air compressor designed specifically for respiratory protection applications.
A high-pressure supply source would be either a cylinder or “cascaded” cylinders of breathing air. It could also be a compressed air supply within a facility as long as it is filtered and monitored to ensure it meets the requirements for breathing air purity.
Our bestselling supplied-air respirators:
Levitt-Safety carries a wide variety of supplied-air respirators from leading manufacturers including 3M, Honeywell, and MSA.
We can offer a solution no matter your hazard. Fill out the form on this page and a member of our team will contact you.
3M™ Scott™ Ska-Pak AT Supplied-Air Respirator
- Automatic, hands-free transfer from external air source to cylinder in the event of primary air source interruption
- Personal, tactile Vibralert alarm lets wearer know their air source has been transferred to cylinder air
- Low pressure indicator for ultimate safety and awareness
- Combination Type C positive pressure respirator with escape cylinder for entry into escape from hazardous, confined space or immediately dangerous to life (IDLH) situations
- Available in 3, 5, 10, or 15-minute rated cylinder egress options
3M™ Scott™ Ska-Pak Plus Supplied-Air Respirator
- Combination Type C positive pressure respirator with escape cylinder for entry into or escape from hazardous situations
- Easy breathing and reduced user fatigue
- Can be used with the Industrial SCBA or E-Z Airline supplied air respirators for ease of training and minimized inventory cost
- Available in 5, 10, or 15-minute rated-cylinder egress options
- Features the E-Z Klip cylinder retention system for quick and easy cylinder changes
Honeywell Panther™ Pressure Demand Supplied-Air Respirator
- Lightweight harness is comfortable and easy to use
- Sizeable waist belt allows for use of all sizes
- Choice of a 5-minute 10-minute hoop-wrap fiberglass cylinder
- Includes Air Klic pressure demand regulator with first breath activation
- NIOSH approved
PremAire® Supplied-Air Respirator System
- Cost-efficient supplied-air respirator
- Modular system for thousands of configurations to match respiratory needs to the task at hand
- Lightweight, mask-mounted regulator provides high air flow
- Suitable for IDLH environments (with escape cylinder option)
Get a quote:
Fill out the form on this page to learn more about the products listed on this page, learn more about supplied-air respirators or get a quote!