Powered air-purifying respirators (PAPRs) are a type of personal protective respiratory equipment used to protect workers from breathing contaminated air. Different kinds of PAPRs exist for all different kinds of working environments.
All PAPRs have four things in common:
- A hood, helmet, or facepiece
- A powered fan to pull air through
- A filter to deliver clean air to the wearer
- A power source or battery
Benefits of PAPRs:
- PAPRs deliver cool air to the worker, making it much easier to breathe and significantly more comfortable to wear for a prolonged period of time.
- A PAPR with a hood is a great alternative to traditional respirators for people with facial hair.
- PAPRs do not require fit testing because the loose-fitting hoods and helmets only form a partial seal around the user’s shoulders or neck.
Our bestselling powered air-purifying respirators:
Levitt-Safety carries powered air-purifying respirators from 3M, CleanSpace, Bullard, Honeywell, MSA and Gentex.
We can make product recommendations, provide quotes and user training. Fill out the form to get started.
CleanSpace powered air-purifying respirators are NIOSH-approved and deliver significant safety and compliance benefits over the traditional mask.
CleanSpace designs PAPRs for industrial and healthcare settings. Visit our CleanSpace page to learn more about the options available.
3M™ Versaflo™ Heavy-Duty PAPR
- Uses cartridges to protect against certain gas and vapours
- Uses filters to protect against particulates
- 4-8 hour battery life
- Recommended for spraying in automotive and transportation industries
Bullard EVA PAPR with HEPA Filter
- Assigned protection factor (APF) 2.5X greater than an N95 mask
- Loose-fitting facepiece designed for use with a stethoscope
- Optional face piece with HEPA exhalation panel that filters exhaled air (sold separately)
- Wide-angled lens for better visibility
MSA OptimAir® TL PAPR
- Audible and visual alarms for poor flow indication and low battery voltage
- Low profile for less bulk
- Internal pressure sensor adjusts flow rates for altitude automatically
- Designed for fast cartridge, hood and battery change-out
Gentex Pureflo 3000 PAPR
- All-in-one head, eye, face, and respiratory protection
- Provides cooling air around head and face
- Configurable hearing protection and communications
- Ideal for manufacturing, construction, and welding
Fill out the form to learn more
Have a question?
Our team of specialists is ready to help answer any questions you may have. Fill out the form on this page to get started and a member of our team will contact you.
We can provide product recommendations, pricing and user training.
How to buy:
We carry a wide range of powered air-purifying respirators and PAPR accessories through our online shop from leading manufacturers including CleanSpace, Bullard, 3M, Honeywell, MSA and Gentex. Start shopping today!