Diphoterine® Solution by Prevor
Diphoterine® solution is manufactured by Prevor Laboratories in France and has become a widely accepted protocol for the decontamination of chemical splashes throughout Europe, South Africa, Australia, South America – and now, Canada.
Designed to address the limitations of water, Diphoterine® solution boasts key benefits when flushing corrosive splashes to the skin or eyes. While water creates a mechanical washing effect and dilutes corrosives, its natural osmotic flow into skin tissue can potentially aid in the absorption of an aggressive chemical into tissue cells. Diphoterine® solution maintains the mechanical washing effects of water, while also creating a reverse osmotic flow that helps to protect tissue cells, rendering chemicals harmless through chelation and encapsulation, eliminating or reducing the severity of the burn.
An important factor when washing a corrosive splash is time of contact, so immediate access to a flushing system is key in affecting outcomes. Diphoterine® solution packaging configurations are designed to be portable and immediately accessible and will provide optimal results when used within the first 60 seconds after the splash has occurred.
- Tested on over 1500 chemicals representing the majority of major chemical groups*
- Works equally well on bases, acids, oxidizing and reducing agents, chelators, and solvents
- Creates a reverse osmotic flow which draws the chemical from the skin or eye tissue
- Encapsulates chemicals in seconds to render them harmless
- Approved by Health Canada as a Class 2 Medical Device
- Non-toxic and a non-irritant