What is WES3?
WES3 is an enhanced wireless evacuation and medical alert system that increases safety on a worksite. Originally developed for use on construction sites, we have seen success using this technology in:
- shipyards, and
- festivals, concerts and other temporary events
Ramtech developed and engineered the system in-house to provide a simple, fast and secure method of communicating fire and medical emergencies in the complex environments of large projects.
There are many causes of emergencies on work sites. The leading cause of fires according to the NFPA include:
- heating equipment
- arson, and
- hot works including welding, cutting, grinding, soldering, roof work
How WES3 protects construction projects
Unprotected buildings, like those in the construction or renovation phase, are at a higher risk for fire.
Traditional protection systems like sprinklers and firewalls are disabled or not yet installed. They’re also vulnerable to trespassing and arson, putting projects, lives and communities at risk.
Protecting your personnel, buildings and wider community with a reliable wireless evacuation system is key to ensuring minimal damage. That’s where WES3 comes in.
Read our post Prevent Construction Fires with WES3 to learn more.
Key benefits of WES3
- Prevents fire and arson: The system provides real-time response to fires and can be connected with your monitoring equipment to notify first responders immediately.
- Can be tied in with existing devices: This includes turn styles or monitoring equipment.
- Remote monitoring: You can monitor the system from anywhere in the world using cloud-based REACT app.
- Simple installation with no engineer required: Completely wireless system works using batteries, and is tested for the harsh climates of Canadian winters. It comes with a three-year battery life and two-year warranty.
- Medical and evacuation alarm: Raise the alert from any point in the network to the base station. It also links to our cloud-based REACT system.
- Optional inspection delay: Enables site managers to establish whether a false alarm has been raised. It can also be used to undertake a staged evacuation process.
- Pre-alarm functions: Turn off the alarm sounder on other stations and enable a lower level alert to indicate there is an issue without triggering a full evacuation.
- Full isolation system test mode: Test individual alarm points without the need to trigger the entire system.
The units that make up the WES3 system can be deployed as soon as the build is out of the ground.
Setup is quick and easy – it takes just a few minutes for your units to be a network, on active duty protecting your site and workers.
Units are placed in accordance with your fire plan – usually at each stairwell or lift shaft – and can be added as the build progresses.
You can number the units according to your fire plan for easy identification in the event of any issues.
Heat, smoke or unique dust-resistant smoke sensors provide active evacuation protection in enclosed areas.