Sensidyne Heat Shield
There’s a high potential for inducing heat stress in workers for work involving:
- high air temperatures
- radiant heat sources
- high humidity
- direct physical contact with hot objects, or
- strenuous physical activities.
Sensidyne’s Heat Shield is a wireless welt bulb globe temperature (WBGT) meter that simplifies the complex measurements of worker heat stress.
The LSI HeatShield system is an advanced worker heat stress instrument for Health & Safety and Industrial Hygiene professionals.
In a compact and rugged system, Heat Shield integrates globe/wet bulb/dry bulb temperatures and relative humidity sensors to display and store a WBGT indoor and outdoor index, heat index and humidex measurements.
HeatShield is available with either a 2 inch (5 cm) or 6 inch (15 cm) globe.
The benefits of Sensidyne Heat Shield
- Meteorological-grade dry bulb sensor
- Wet bulb temperature accuracy ±0.3° 32-248°F
- Globe temperature accuracy ±0.3° 32-248°F
- Air velocity accuracy ±0.1 m/s (0,5÷1,5 m/s) <± 4% (1,5÷20 m/s)
- Predicted heat strain (heat stress)
- Insulation required (cold stress)
- Area and personal measurement
Excellent Measurement Capability
- Dry bulb, wet bulb and globe temperatures
- Relative humidity
- Air velocity measurement
- WBGT (indoor and outdoor) Index
- Head-Torso-Ankle Weighted Average WBGT
- Heat index / HUMIDEX
- PMV-PPD (thermal comfort)
Easy to Use
- Large memory for extended data logging
- Temperature reading in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Selectable data logging intervals
- 400-hour battery life (20-hours with Wi-Fi)
- Automatic start/stop
- Time and date stamping
- Measurements can be displayed in just a few minutes from power on
Heat Shield is very stable when placed on any horizontal surface but it can be also hand held or mounted on standard photographic tripod. It was also ranked as one of our top ways to avoid summer heat stress.
No matter what your heat stress challenges are, we can help. Levitt Safety offers solutions that can be tailored to your individual needs whether they be for recreational, commercial or industrial uses. This can include a basic monitor for simple spot checks to multiple instrument systems installed in a facility feeding data back to a central location.