What are portable area gas monitors used for?
Portable area gas monitors allow you to create a gas monitoring perimeter between workers and hazards. You’ll be able to inform workers of the gas hazards present during an emergency situation or even during routine maintenance on the jobsite. Add the monitors where you need them and they’ll communicate with each other to ensure your team has a safe space to work.
Our bestselling area monitors:
Levitt-Safety offers personal area monitors that are effective in a range of situations including construction, oil and gas, utilities, fire department and mining. These detectors are from leading manufacturers including Industrial Scientific, MSA and Honeywell/BW.
Industrial Scientific Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor
- Detects up to seven gases at once using 18 sensor options including PID
- Can run for 168 hours on a single charge
- Alarms cut through high-noise environments with 108 dB sound
- Customizable action messages like ‘evacuate’ or ‘ventilate’
- Uses DualSense® Technology for redundant protection by using two sensors to detect the same gas
- Simplify maintenance and reporting with the DSXi docking station
- 360-degree gas path and all-weather sensor deployment
Did you know? You can use our online building tool to create a customized area gas detector from Industrial Scientific? Try it now!
Honeywell BW™ RigRat Area Monitor
- Wireless safety perimeter
- Remote monitoring
- Honeywell TouchPoint™ Plus compatible
- Line power for extended runtime in the field
- Inert mode that prevents alarm in normal ambient air
- Large, easy-to-read display
- Rugged weatherproof design with optional protective cage
- I/O ports provide additional input capabilities and local executive activation
Maintenance, calibration and bump testing
Since area gas monitors are used as a life-saving device, they need to be bump tested by exposing them to a known gas to ensure proper function. Most manufacturers have automated this process with docking stations that make the process user-friendly and provide testing documentation.
Our team of service technicians can also provide calibration and maintenance for your gas detector.
Levitt-Safety can help:
Our team is here to help with your area gas detector needs including product advice, quotes or training.
Fill out the form on this page and a member of our team will contact you!