If a confined space requires vertical entry and there is not a fixed ladder, you’ll need a davit arm or a tripod.
A tripod is a great option for task-specific work like manhole entry. One worker can easily set up a tripod and transport it from one location to another. There are limits to the size of opening a tripod can accommodate.
A davit arm is a great option if you need more versatility. Davits have a variety of base configurations for varying job sites, as shown on this page.
Levitt-Safety carries a wide variety of tripods and davit arms from leading manufacturers including 3M, Honeywell, and MSA.
We can offer a solution no matter your hazard. Fill out the form on this page and a member of our team will contact you.
3M™ DBI-SALA® Confined Space 4-in-1 Davit Guard System
- 4-in-1 basic davit hoist and guardrail system
- Provides a basic hoist and a passive restraint guardrail system protecting companion workers and bystanders
- Ample room for worker entry and maneuvering while keeping the confined space opening secure
- Basic hoist is the most efficient and economical confined space entry/retrieval alternative to a tripod
- Lightweight aluminum structure assembles and adjusts without tools
- Features a collapsible base to reduce storage and transport space
- Standard tie off point provides a convenient 5000 lb. (22 kN) anchor point for fall arrest devices where required
- All hardware is zinc plated for corrosion resistance
- 310 lbs. weight capacity for personnel and 620 lbs. for materials
MSA XTIRPA™ Manhole Guard System
- System includes davit arm, workman winch, workman rescuer, two mounting brackets, stabilizer for manhole cover and manhole guard with integrated mast
- Portable anchorage connectors used for vertical entry into confined spaces
- Integrated mast barricades exposed entry point while providing the necessary strength for fall protection, entry and retrieval applications
- Davit arm and manhole guard with integrated mast interface allows for reduced material surrounding the space entry
- Reduces the presence of trip and fall hazards
- 400 lbs. weight capacity
Also available with the following configurations: Adapter base system, hitch mount system, manhole collar system, pole hoist system, adjustable wall adapter, vehicle hitch mount and counter weight system.
3M™ DBI-SALA® Aluminum Tripod with 3-Way SRL
- 2.1 m (7 ft.) aluminum tripod
- Telescoping adjustable locking legs
- Built-in pulley system
- Specialized safety shoes and leg support chain
- Integrated 5,000 lb. (22 kN) eyebolt anchor points
- Environmentally sealed self retracting lifeline
- 3-way emergency retrieval system
- Crank handle has built-in brake
- Built-in winch drive overload device
- 39.6 m (130 ft.) 5mm (3/16″) galvanized steel cable lifeline
- Reserve lifeline system
- Swiveling snap hook with impact indicator
- Quick connect winch/SRL mount bracket
- Equipped with 3M™ Connected Safety ID (CSID)
3M™ PROTECTA® PRO™ Confined Space System
- Lightweight, portable Protecta® aluminum tripods are ideal for confined space manhole entry and retrieval
- Easily transported from one location to another and can be set-up by one worker
- Attach one or two mechanical devices such as a winch or 3-way self retracting lifeline
- Loaded with features such as locking legs, simple detent pin style adjustment, quick-mount mechanical device bracket, safety chain to prevent movement and skid resistant tread plate soles on feet
- 2.4 m (8 ft.) AK105A aluminum tripod with telescoping adjustable locking legs
- 15 m (50 ft.) galvanized winch
- Protecta® 15 m (50 ft.) galvanized self retracting lifeline
- 15 m (50 ft.) 5mm (3/16″) galvanized steel cable lifeline
Get a quote:
Levitt-Safety is Canada’s leader in confined space safety products and services. We carry davit arms and tripods from 3M, Honeywell, and MSA that meet or exceed local standards.
We can help you with choosing the correct product for your application and provide quotes and shipping details.
Fill out the form on this page to get started!