For safe storage of flammable liquids
One gallon of vapourized gasoline can explode with the same force as 20 sticks of dynamite.
Safety containers protect workers by minimizing the risk of fires when handling hazardous liquids.
Your team can use Justrite safety cans and containers for safe storage of flammable liquids in the workplace.
Justrite designed these cans to meet NFPA safety standards, and most are FM Global approved and/or Underwriters Laboratories listed. Many of the models also have worldwide acceptance with TUV certification.
The purpose of safety cans and containers:
- Contain hazardous liquids and control vapours to reduce the risk of fire and protect workers.
- Comply with federal, provincial and local regulations and fire codes.
- Makes your job safer and easier by improving efficiency. Engineered with features that enhance pouring and filling operations.
Type I Safety Cans
Type I safety cans have a single spout for filling and pouring.
- Sealed lid features automatic positive-pressure relief that vents between 3 and 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) to guard against rupture or explosion.
- Made from high-grade coated steel for leakproof construction.
- Tough powder-coat finish resists chemicals and stands up to demands of rigorous use.
- Certified by FM, UL/ULC and TUV, meets NFPA requirements.
- Comes with a ten-year warranty.
Type II Safety Cans
Type II safety cans have two openings. One is for pouring and one is for filling – the fill opening serves as a vent when pouring.
- Features flow-control Safe-Squeeze® trigger to regulate flow rate when handling flammable liquids.
- Fill port with ergonomic lift lever for easy filling.
- Flexible 22.9 cm (9 inch) metal hose spout helps control the pour into small openings.
- Made from high-coated steel.
- Tough powder coat finish resists chemicals.
- Stainless steel flame arrester dissipates heat to stop flashback ignition.
- Sealed lid features automatic positive-pressure relief that vents between 3 and 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) to protect against explosion.
- A large label ID zone provides writing space to identify contents, department location, or individual user name.
- All can sizes have extra capacity for adding two-cycle engine oil or other additives.
- Comes with a ten-year warranty.
Type I Polyethylene Safety Cans
Type I polyethylene safety cans offer safe storage for flammable corrosives.
- Made of chemical-resistant high density polyethylene (HDPE).
- Designed with a durable one-piece body construction.
- Stands up to tough acids and heat.
- Includes a conductive current-carrying carbon insert in the rib of container to complete a ground path between the cover assembly and the ground arrester.
Plunger and Dispensing Cans
Plunger and dispensing cans release a small amount of liquid in a safe and convenient way.
- Uses a smart pump to bring liquid to the top.
- Releases small amounts of liquid onto work surfaces, into lab beakers or onto cleaning cloths.
- Perforated pan screen serves as flame arrester.
Bench Cans, Mixing Tanks, Swab Pail
These options are great for cleaning small parts of mixing solutions together.
- Bench cans provide an easy means to clean small parts.
- Mixing tanks help minimize the risk of spills or fire when mixing flammable liquids.
- Swab pails are great for sponging operations.
Get a quote:
Levitt-Safety is Canada’s leading provider of Justrite® safety products. Many of their products are available through our online store.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our online store, we can still provide you a quote. Fill out the form on this page with a description of the products you’re interested in and a member of our team will contact you!