Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
A self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) is an ideal choice when dealing with an oxygen deficient atmosphere that is immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH), or any environment that’s unknown or has unknown levels of contaminants in the air.
One of the most common uses for an SCBA is in confined space entry. Some others SCBA applications include working with liquid spills, gas exposure that produce (or could produce) IDLH conditions, and so many more:
- First response emergency rescue of people overcome by atmospheric hazards (e.g. firefighting)
- Hazmat response to any unknown – this does not have to be in a confined space
- working with liquids, gases, vapours or particulate in extreme concentrations
- Working in large machinery housings
- Working in truck or rail tank cars
- Working in silos, storage tanks, or pipelines
- Working in sewers
- Repair of gas lines or toxic chemical lines in trenches or pits
- Tank or reactor entry for maintenance or cleaning
Levitt-Safety carries a number of SCBAs suitable for just about any application from leading manufacturers like MSA, Scott Safety, Honeywell, and more.
Need help configuring the best SCBA for the job? We can do that. Get in touch today.