We’re sure you’d agree that your head is one of the most important parts on your body. Your head gives you the ability to think, smell, talk, feel and hear – all very crucial aspects of one’s life! It obviously makes a lot of sense to protect your head against the potential for injury, with your first line of defense being a hard hat.
CSA Z94.1-05 is a revised version of the Industrial Protective Headwear standard that classifies protective headwear into two types:
- Type I provides impact and penetration protection on the crown (top) only.
- Type II offers impact and penetration protection on the top as well as lateral (side) protection.
This standard also covers dielectric properties:
- Class E (Electric) is a hard hat that must pass an electrical test that protects up to 20,000 volts
- For a Class G (General Purpose) rating, the conductivity test must qualify with a protection limit of 2,200 volts
- A Class C (Conductive) rating is a hard hat made of conductive material, or a hard hat that does not meet Classes E or G, and would only be suitable for areas where there is no risk of electrical hazards
If you need help selecting the right head protection for yourself or your employees, contact us today.
Shop Head Protection Online
Request Your Safety Audit Today
Head, Eye, & Face Protection Online Course