The Fatal Vision® Marijuana Simulation Experience
The Fatal Vision® Marijuana Simulation Experience is a hands-on awareness building tool that models the distorted processing of visual information, loss of motor coordination, and slowed decision making and reaction time resulting from recreational marijuana use.
The purpose of the Fatal Vision® Marijuana Simulation Experience is to give participants an understanding of cognitive impairments associated with recreational marijuana use and to demonstrate the potentially severe consequences that can result. Impairments resulting from recreational marijuana use include distorted processing of visual information, alteration of visual perception, slower decision making and reaction time, and loss of short-term memory.
Participants wearing the Fatal Vision® Marijuana Goggles will experience some of the modeled effects of impairment resulting from recreational marijuana use. For example, even though an individual may be able to see through the Fatal Vision® Marijuana Goggles clearly, the goggles will filter out some of the visual information which everyone but the person wearing the goggles can see. The result is people understanding their susceptibility to the cognitive impairments of recreational marijuana use and realizing the potentially severe consequences of recreational marijuana use.
Activities using a Fatal Vision® Marijuana Goggle typically use the following approach. Participants:
- Perform one of several activities listed on the Fatal Vision® Marijuana User’s Guide WITHOUT using the Fatal Vision® Marijuana Goggle and relate the activity to a real-world driving scenario or every day situation that they may encounter.
- Perform the activity a second time while wearing the Marijuana Goggle.
- Compare performances. The results are clear; the simulated impairments of recreational marijuana use can inhibit a person’s ability to perform activities that are typically routine and simple for a person that is not under the influence of recreational marijuana.
- Instructor and participants discuss the experience and its relevance to personal safety.
The Fatal Vision® Marijuana Goggle provides a significantly different type of simulation and experience than what the Fatal Vision® Alcohol Impairment Simulation Goggle provides. While the Fatal Vision® alcohol impairment simulation causes loss of balance, delayed reaction times and poor targeting skills, the Fatal Vision® Marijuana Simulation Experience highlights the cognitive impairments associated with recreational marijuana use. For example, the loss of short term memory, slower decision making and reaction times, distorted processing of visual information, and alteration of visual perception.
The common “Walk the Line” activity is not sufficient for demonstrating the cognitive impairment resulting from recreational marijuana use. Activities specially designed to work with the Fatal Vision Marijuana Goggles are an integral part of the marijuana simulation experience.
The Fatal Vision® Marijuana Simulation Experience provides a completely new and unique demonstration of the impairing effects of recreational marijuana use.
- Includes easy to deliver activities that demonstrate cognitive impairments of recreational marijuana use
- Activity demonstration videos show instructors how to conduct each activity step-by-step
- Each activity introduction video gives participants insight into the impairment being demonstrated by the marijuana simulation experience
- Informative User Guide provides the steps and information to deliver a meaningful experience
- Hand-crafted in USA!
- Promotes discussion on the potential dangers of recreational marijuana use
- Engaging and hands-on
- Easy to use and incorporate into existing drug awareness and prevention programs
- Clearly demonstrates people's susceptibility to impairment resulting from recreational marijuana use
|IIMCK||Fatal Vision Marijuana Simulation Campaign Kit||Buy Online|
|IIMPK||Fatal Vision Marijuana Program Kit||Buy Online|