Looking to make the most of your trip to the CHES National Conference next week? Join me in becoming an honorary Newfie. All you have to do is take a shot and kiss a cod!
If you haven’t heard of it before, you’re probably wondering whether I’ve already had a bit to drink (the answer is no). Believe me, I wasn’t sure what to think when I first learned about it either. But, apparently it’s the thing to do while visiting St. John’s so I’ll be there!
So what exactly does getting “screeched in” entail? It’s quite simple: you take a shot of screech (a strong local rum), recite a few lines and kiss a cod. Just like that, you’re a Newfoundlander! The tradition that started long ago, has become such a success on the Atlantic coast that it’s been inducted onto the Great Canadian Bucket List.
While I’m looking forward to head to Christian’s Bar and puckering up, it’s important to remember that we always keep safety at the forefront. While we’re all about having fun, we’re also all about staying safe! Any time we talk about drinking, it’s important to address responsible alcohol consumption.
This weekend at our booth we’ll be showcasing Fatal Vision Goggles; a sobering view of what impairment can do to you. Wearing these goggles is an eye-opening way to see exactly how alcohol affects your balance, vision, reaction time and judgement. From .06 to .25+ BAC (blood alcohol level) you can test out how well you do “under the influence”.
In addition, we’ll also be showing of a collection of great products including:
- VRS Squirrel: Ideal for an office setting, this mobile work-at-heights platform has four deck heights that range from 740mm up to 1.4 m
- Particles +: This particle counter and environmental monitor is the most versatile remote Air Monitor available, with advanced power management and the industry’s first sleep mod which allows for batter operation of periods that can exceed a month on a single charge.
- ChemDAQ: Steri-Trac’s fixed detectors are designed to be used with the DAQ system to display gas concentrations, trends and exposures. Using a traffic light LED alarm system, its easy to interpret gas exposure in each area.
- Gastec Gas Detection Tubes: Easily detect and identify the presence of over 300 hazardous gases
- Tiger Handheld VOC Detectors: This revolutionary handheld gas detector provides rapid and accurate detection of volatile organic compounds – even in the harshest of environments.
- Sibata Quantitative Respirator Fit Testing: Fit testing has never been easier than with the Sibata MT-O5C. Just plug in and you’re ready to go. Test N95s and reusable respirators in three and a half minutes flat.
Will you be attending the conference? If so, be sure to drop by booth #605 and 606 to see how you stand up to our impairment goggles, meet our team and enter for your chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
Are ye ready to be a screecher?