This online course provides HAZWOPER training that covers how to recognizing hazardous substances.
After completing this course, students will understand:
- How to recognize hazardous substances
- The definition of a health hazard and physical hazard
- The types of hazards that may be found at a hazardous waste site
- Basic concepts in toxicology, such as dosage, routes of exposure and toxic effects
- Methods for identifying hazardous substances
- And site characterization and job hazard analysis
HAZWOPER: HAZARD RECOGNITION COURSE TOPICS
- Types of Hazards — Health Hazards, Physical Hazards, General Site Hazards
- Substance Hazard Recognition Methods — Basic Hazard Indicators, Container Labels, Hazard Identification Tools
- Assessing Hazards — Site Characterization, Job Hazard Analysis
HAZWOPER: HAZARD RECOGNITION COURSE DURATION
Approximately 90 minutes
HAZWOPER: HAZARD RECOGNITION TESTING
Testing conducted in this online HAZWOPER: Hazard Recognition course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
HAZWOPER: HAZARD RECOGNITION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.