**Published March 12, 2020 at 11:00 am EDT
To our valued customers:
Our vision at Levitt-Safety is simple: “We make Canada a safer place to live and work” and over the last several weeks we appreciate that this has become an ever increasing concern and challenge for many Canadian businesses. The rapidly changing situation surrounding the coronavirus or COVID-19 affects us all differently and as a leader in providing inspection, maintenance and repair of your critical safety equipment and infrastructure, we want to provide an update on how we are handling the situation at Levitt-Safety.
It’s no secret that we take safety seriously and pride ourselves on having the most knowledgeable and technically savvy staff in the safety products and service business, after all “it’s all we do”. Each day we are assessing the situation and taking a measured approach to balance all safety related priorities for our customers and our teams with a level headed approach. Here are just a few of the steps we have taken so far:
- We have implemented work from home and self-isolation requirements for employees that have travelled to high risk areas, have been on cruise ships, live with someone who has traveled to high risk areas, have been in close proximity with people who may have been exposed or show symptoms, or show symptoms themselves.
- We have implemented a travel and tracking system so that we can be responsive to any changes in what constitutes a high risk area and for rapid response should an exposure happen.
- We continue to conduct a significant amount of our meetings and day to day business by phone or video wherever possible and encourage our customers and vendors to interact with us by those means;
- We are actively acknowledging and adjusting to our customers’ site requirements for access based on their guidelines that are also changing rapidly.
- We have reviewed and updated our emergency preparedness plan and are holding daily meetings at different levels in our organization to make sure we are nimble in our communication and response.
As the situation evolves so will our precautionary measures, some of which may seem inconvenient, but will be taken out of caution to keep you all safe. We will continue to communicate regularly and ask that you do the same so we can continue to partner effectively with you as we get through this together. Thank you for your understanding and commitment, should you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to email@example.com or contact your Levitt-Safety representative.