CCOHS TO RELEASE SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR CANWRITE™ JUNE; Compliance with WHMIS 2015
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety has announced a software update for their CANWrite™ software for Windows.
Coming June 2015, the web app will give users the ability to produce 16-section SDSs in accordance with WHMIS 2015 (Hazardous Products Regulations). The WHMIS 2015 classification worksheet will be available in CANWrite™ 2015.
Currently on CANWrite™, you are able to produce an OSHA HCS 2012 and WHMIS 1988 compliant document in the same SDS, as well as produce a 16-section (M)SDSs in accordance with the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS 2012), the GHS (3rd revised edition), and ANSI Standard Z400.1/Z129.1-2010.
More current features include:
- Provides detailed OSHA HCS 2012 classification, OSHA HCS 1994 hazard determination, and WHMIS 1988 classification worksheets to support accurate hazard classifications.
- Automatically generates required OSHA HCS 2012 Label Elements (pictograms, signal word, hazard statements and precautionary statements) based on the hazard classification.
- Includes compliance oriented audit tools for OSHA HCS 2012, generic GHS and WHMIS 1988.
- Facilitates easy updating, by auto-populating key ingredient-based information, such as exposure guidelines, and toxicological, ecological and regulatory information.
- Provides seamless access to credible online chemical hazard and regulatory information databases, including CHEMINFO, HSDB®, and RTECS®, to assist you in writing an accurate (M)SDS.
- Links key hazards to appropriate hazard controls and emergency response measures using built-in logic.
- Ensures your (M)SDSs are consistent, reliable, and understandable to a broad audience by providing a large library of clear language phrases.
- Provides phrases for important, but sometimes overlooked, hazards such as chemical incompatibilities and confined space hazards.
- Facilitates translation by automatically generating standardized phrases in Canadian French and Latin American Spanish.
- Allows you to author multiple (M)SDSs for similar products using the (M)SDS template option.
CANWrite’s™ major benefits include:
Ability to efficiently maintain your (M)SDSs
- Update exposure limits once in your Ingredient Sheets and all linked (M)SDSs and templates will be automatically updated.
- Quickly identify (M)SDSs due for updating.
- Quickly find (M)SDSs containing specific ingredients that require modification.
Easy customization of your (M)SDSs with CANWrite™
- Add your company logos and other company specific information.
- Modify field headings as required
- Add custom phrases to suit your needs.
CANWrite’s™ competitive pricing
- CANWrite™ offers many key features that are typically only found in much higher priced software. One such feature is that CANWrite’s standardized phrases are generated in English, Canadian French, Latin-American Spanish simultaneously – saving you significant (M)SDS translation costs.
- Straight forward pricing – there are no hidden costs.
CANWrite™ is a software that lets you produce quality (M)SDSs that provide clear and accurate chemical safety information. It is affordable and easy to use and helps you meet the challenge of writing and maintaining accurate, understandable, and compliant (M)SDSs.
Is your system able to run CANWrite™ software? Be sure to double check with these system requirements that CCOH has provided.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2GB or more is recommended)
- 0 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet access
- Supported Web browsers: Recent versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
You can purchase CANWrite™ software directly from CCOHS. For more information, visit http://www.ccohs.ca/products/canwrite/