Air Sampling Detectors
Levitt-Safety | Fire Protection Systems is proud to have partnered with Xtralis, who is a global leader in very early warning smoke detection, fire protection system monitoring and control, and their VESDA brand of air-sampling smoke detectors. VESDA smoke detectors are recognized world wide for their ability to reliably protect a diverse range of businesses, often in extremely challenging environments.
VESDA Air-sampling Smoke Detectors work by:
- Continually drawing air into a pipe network attached to a detector unit
- Passing the air through a dual stage filter to remove dirt
- Sending the clean air to a laser detection chamber for smoke detection
- Measuring the light scatter caused by any smoke
- Processing the detector signal and presenting the smoke level graphically
- Communicating the information to a fire alarm control panel, a software management system or a building management system
To learn more about VESDA systems, click here.
Contact us for more information on the implementation of this technology in your fire protection system.