Your safety matters and that’s why we exist.
You don’t live to work, you work so you can live life to the fullest. When you’re reflecting on life years from now, will you remember the tough days, hours spent in traffic or the rise and grind mentality? Probably not. You’ll remember the birthdays, the anniversaries, the weekend adventures and the time spent with family and friends.
If you distilled Levitt-Safety down to its essence, to the motivation for why we exist, you’d see your face.
We are a 100% safety-focused company.
We don’t just sell safety supplies or service equipment. We find the best solutions from manufacturers who’ve been in the business for decades. We train our technicians to service the equipment so when maintenance is required we can get you up and running fast. We offer safety equipment rental so you don’t have to store items you only use once or twice a year. We can also train your team on equipment or concepts like confined space or working at heights so they are confident in every job they do.
So what does all of this mean?
It doesn’t matter what you do or where you work, your job puts you at risk. We have the equipment, technical skills and know-how to keep you safe so you can live life to the fullest.
We call this ‘The Wheel.’ It’s a visual representation of everything we offer. If it’s on The Wheel, it’s in our wheelhouse. Get it?
Other stuff you might find interesting
This is the part where we get a little braggy, but it’s only because we want to impress you.
We take our part in protecting the environment seriously. It’s not just about meeting legal requirements, it’s about being an environmentally responsible neighbour in the communities we serve. This includes initiatives like:
- Carrying Zero Waste Boxes™ from Terracycle to enable our customers to recycle used PPE like masks, gloves and ear plugs.
- Strategically consolidating shipments to reduce energy consumption.
- Partnering with companies that have solutions to use less packaging material.
- Using preventative maintenance to maximize equipment lifecycle and limit atmospheric and other pollutants.
- Creating a culture within our business to encourage individual initiatives that can improve our environmental performance across the country.
Canadian Council of Aboriginal Business
We’re a business member of the Canadian Council of Aboriginal Business (CCAB).
CCAB fosters an equitable and sustainable economy across Canada by building relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal businesses and communities.
Sensitivity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
This is an employee-led initiative to recognize, respect and value the different backgrounds and experiences within Levitt-Safety. The SD&I committee helps us to:
- Create a safe workplace that lets us be who we are.
- Drive change through education.
- Empower staff to speak up.
- Explore what inclusion means to us and the company as a whole.
- Strengthen our Health and Safety policy.
Giving back to our communities across Canada is one of the core principles of Levitt-Safety. Our charitable involvement includes:
- Raising money for United Way; our staff pledges donations and we match it dollar-for-dollar. We’ve been doing this for nearly three decades.
- Donating safety equipment to Habitat for Humanity house builds.
- Partnering with Threads of Life, a national registered Canadian charity dedicated to supporting families along their journey of healing after suffering a workplace fatality, life-altering illness or occupational disease.
Canada’s Best Managed Companies
We’ve been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012. We are now considered a Platinum Standard winner, a mark of excellence for Canadian-owned and managed companies.